Saturday, May 16, 2015

Mini Dessert Soaps - Soap Challenge


Here is my entry for this month's soap challenge. In my 3 out of 4 recipes I used cocoa powder ( I cannot live without chocolate!), and the 4th recipe is made with half and half.


Mini Dessert Soaps - Soap Challenge
 
Rose cupcakes.
They are made from cold-process soap, not whipped. I am pretty happy how they turned out. :)

Rose cupcakes - Mini Dessert Soaps

Rose cupcakes - Mini Dessert Soaps

Here are some pictures of the process of making two tone CP soap cupcakes.

The 1st layer of soap spread on saran wrap:

The 2nd layer on the top of it:

I rolled the saran wrap into a log:

Then I inserted it into my piping bag. For the rose pattern, I used Wilton 2D decorating tip:



Coffee and Caramel Mousse. The coffee beans are also made from soap. :)

Coffee and Caramel Mousse - Mini Dessert Soaps


Chocolate butterfly (made from CP soap):

Chocolate butterfly - Mini Dessert Soaps
 
I found an image online of a butterfly and printed it out to create a template. Then I placed a piece of parchment paper over each image and creased them down the middle:
 
I could still see the outlines of the butterflies and then I began to pipe my chocolate soap over the outlines:
 
That's where I rested my soap butterflies so that they'd dry in 3D:
 

 
Mandarin slices dipped in chocolate.
My inspiration for this dessert was these simple yet yummy Salted Chocolate Dipped Mandarin Slices, from this blog post. The slices as well as the chocolate are made from M&P soap.
 
Mandarin slices dipped in chocolate - Mini Dessert Soaps
 
 

29 comments:

  1. Лена, ты успела! Десерты потрясающие, задумки креативные! Все очень красиво!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Спасибо большое, Таня! Мне всегда важна твоя оценка.

      Delete
  2. Лена, великолепно!!! Очень впечатляет!!! Спасибо за удовольствие!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Спасибо большое, Света, мне очень приятно это слышать от тебя. :)

      Delete
  3. Лена! Здорово придумано и отлично выполнено! Хочется откусить кусочек )))
    Очень желаю победы!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful~the coloring on the rose is so creative! And the mandarin slices look very realistic!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Лена! Очень красиво и реалистично! Кофе, розы, бабочка! ) Всё вкусно и аппетитно! Удачи!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Спасибо тебе огромное за поддержку, Наташа!

      Delete
  6. I love what you did with these! So creative and yummy looking! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Лена,ты - лучшая,ты это знаешь,молодец,что успела!Удачи!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Леночка, молодец! Твой минимализм удивил-ничего лишнего, а так изящно!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful desserts! Chocolate is one of my love languages as well. :) The butterfly is amazing!! Your roses are gorgeous - all of it looks incredibly delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Леночка, ну на это просто невозможно смотреть! Очень-очень вкусно и заманчиво выглядит! Прощай "фигура" :))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Спасибо большое, Света!

      Delete
  11. I love all of your entries, but the chocolate butterfly, the coffe beans and the orange slice are amazing, so realistic. These are fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my...I'd love to take a bite out of those mandarin slices with chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Holyrose! :) It took me some time to get the right color for the mandarin slices.

      Delete
  13. Amazing work - all of your desserts look so real! I love your tinted roses, thanks for sharing how you made those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Cee! And thank you for your tutorial, I've learnt so much from it!

      Delete
  14. Congratulations, one of my favorite - well done 😃

    ReplyDelete
  15. Леночка, потрясающе! Если бы не знала, что мыло - купила бы и съела! ( кстати, вот так покупать по интернету:-) Фантастика! Ты уже такой виртуоз - тебе надо выставки устраивать!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. спасибо за такой отзыв! :)

      Delete