Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Butterfly swirl soap

I've created butterfly swirl soaps previously, for the January Soap Challenge Club. You can see my entry here:
http://soaptechniques.blogspot.com/2015/01/january-soap-challenge-club-butterfly.html

This time I decided to move the hanger in a different motion, based on the pattern suggested by steso. She has created 3 beautiful butterfly swirl soap using this pattern, which she shows in her blog.
A couple of days ago it was her birthday, so I decided to dedicate my new soap to Tatsiana-steso. :) The swirl is colored with a silver mica, so I think I'll call this soap "Silver Butterfly".
Here it is:
Butterfly swirl soap

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! Rather ghostly looking but elegant. May I ask what you learned and what you would change for the next go at it? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam! I cannot say that I mastered this soap technique, so there are still some things to learn. I would like to be able to always get consistent results. :)

      Delete